Perry Junior League 15U Girls Rules
- Games will be 1 hour and 45 min or 6 innings.
- No limit to runs per inning.
- A team may start and finish a game with 8 players. The start of a game may be delayed by 10 minutes if one of the teams does not have 8 players present. If the required number of players is not present after 10 minutes, that team must forfeit the game. Start times will not be delayed if 8 or more players are present.
- Run Rule is 15 after 3, 10 after 4, 8 after 5.
- Infield fly rule is in effect.
- A continuous batting order will be utilized and enforced throughout the game.
- A facemask is optional for the batter. If a helmet has snaps a chinstrap must be used.
- Dixie Softball recommends that all infielders use a face mask during offensive play.
- Bunting is allowed.
- A ball is considered live at all times unless the umpire calls time or there is a dead ball.
- Stealing is allowed at any time.
- A game running 6 innings will end in a tie during the regular season.
- An individual pitcher may not pitch more than 10 innings per week (Monday – Sunday).
- The team will receive one warning for a player slinging a bat. For all other occurrences, the batter will be called out.
- The team will receive on warning for players being outside the dugout. The next occurrence will result in the ejection of the Head Coach.
- Runners may leave the base path to avoid interference, but MAY NOT leave the base path to avoid a tag. Runners must slide or surrender at any base a defensive play is being made on. No headfirst slides at any base. Runners MUST slide at home plate to avoid a collision or be called OUT.
- The umpire will announce and make the determination of game time and be responsible for monitoring time left.
- A new inning of a game will not be started within 10 min of time expiring, but the inning must be finished unless the home team is batting and in the lead, or the visiting teams ½ inning is completed and they are behind in the score.
- The look-back rule is in effect. See below for details.
- Any rule not listed here will be referenced in the Dixie Softball Rule Book.
When a base runner is legitimately off her base after a pitch or the result of a batter completing her turn at bat, while the pitcher has the ball in her possession within the eight-foot (8’) RADIUS circle, the base runner must IMMEDIATELY attempt to advance to the next base or IMMEDIATELY return to the base she last occupied. Failure to IMMEDIATELY proceed to the next base or return to her last occupied base, once the pitcher has possession of the ball within the eight-foot (8’) RADIUS circle, shall result in the base runner being declared “out”. NOTE: The umpire should give the base runner benefit of the natural reactions and reflexes of a human being. Once the base runner returns to or proceeds to a base and leaves said base for any reason unless a play is made on her or another base runner, the base runner is OUT. If the pitcher throws the ball from the eight-foot (8’) RADIUS circle, carries it from there, sets the ball on the ground or in her glove on the ground, or hands or throws it to a player within the eight-foot (8’) RADIUS circle, it is interpreted as MAKING A PLAY and base runners may leave the base at their own risk provided time is not out. When the base runner is not given sufficient time to return to a base, she shall not be called out for being off base when the pitch is made to the batter. She may advance as though she had left the base legally unless otherwise noted in the specific playing rules of a particular age division in this rule guide.
See the Dixie Softball Rule Book for additional notes on the rule above.