Perry Junior League 8U Girls Rules
- Games will be 1 hour and 15 min or 5 innings.
- Batting will end with 3 outs or 7 runs.
- A continuous batting order will be utilized and enforced throughout the game.
- A team may start and finish a game with 8 players. The start of a game may be delayed by 10 minutes if one of the teams does not have 8 players present. If the required number of players is not present after 10 minutes, that team must forfeit the game. Start times will not be delayed if 8 or more players are present.
- Time will be called ONLY when a player has possession of the ball inside of the pitching circle or the lead runner has been contained. Runners may advance at their own risk until time is called by the umpire. A live ball inside or rolling through the circle DOES NOT stop play.
- If the defensive team chooses to throw the ball to pitcher to stop the play and the runner is at or past the halfway mark, she will be allowed to advance to the next base.
- There shall be NO LIMITATIONS on any overthrow. The runner WILL be allowed to advance on an overthrown ball. The ball is live until Rule 4 has been satisfied.
- Batting lineup will be continuous. The first batter of each inning will be the next batter in line from the previous inning.
- The team will receive one warning for a player slinging a bat. For all other occurrences, the batter will be called out.
- The team will receive on warning for players being outside the dugout. The next occurrence will result in the ejection of the Head Coach.
- The umpire will announce and make the determination of game time and be responsible for monitoring time left.
- A new inning of a game will not be started within 10 min of time expiring, but the inning must be finished unless the home team batting and in the lead, or the visiting teams ½ inning is completed and they are behind in the score.
- A game running 6 innings may end in a tie during the regular season.
- Any rule not listed here will be referenced in the Dixie Softball Rule Book.