Coaches shall remain unconditionally supportive of the organization’s commitment to the ideals of good sportsmanship, team play, honesty, loyalty, courage and respect for authority. Coaches shall remain sensitive to the physical and emotional well-being of the players and his/her team. In order to adhere to these doctrines the coaches agree as follows:
- Coaches will be positive role models.
- Coaches will display and instill in their players the principals of good sportsmanship and team play.
- Coaches will conduct themselves in a manner that best serves the interest of the players and coaches will do their best to provide the players a positive experience.
- Coaches will ensure that winning and/or losing teams do so in a manner which exhibits respect and good sportsmanship.
- Coaches will treat all players, parents and spectators and league officials with respect.
- Coaches will provide instruction in a manner that is constructive and supportive.
- Coaches will not tolerate behavior that endangers the health or well-being of a child.
- Coaches will comply with the decisions of league officials and observe all rules, policy and procedures as established or endorsed by the Perry Junior League.
- Coaches will teach the game of baseball/softball to the best of their ability.
- Coaches acknowledge the need to demonstrate fundamental proficiencies with respect to the game of baseball/softball. Consequently, all coaches agree to attend any skill sessions that may be required by the Board of Directors and/or any first aid courses that may be mandated by the Board.
- Coaches will not use foul language while at Perry Junior League. Use of foul language will result in immediate ejection.
- Coaches will be drug and alcohol free while at Perry Junior League*.
- Coaches will not use tobacco products (including e-cigarettes) in the dugout or on the playing field*.
All members of the organization are subject to consequences which may lead to discipline or possible termination of membership as determined necessary by the Perry Junior League Board of Directors due to failure to comply with the code of conduct.
All members agree to abide by these rules as part of their registration in the program. It is the responsibility of all members to be familiar with the guidelines set forth in the Code of Conduct.
If a coach is removed from a game by an umpire, the head coach will be suspended for the two subsequent games.
*Specific consequences for violation of these rules:
- First violation: Warning
- Second violation: One-game suspension of Head coach per violation
- Subsequent violation: Two-game suspension of Head coach per violation
- Repeated violations could result in permanent suspension of Head coach
Position on Sexual Harassment and Misconduct
Perry Junior League strives to maintain an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. While all forms of harassment are prohibited, it is the organization’s policy to emphasize that sexual harassment and misconduct are specifically prohibited. Any coach who engages in discriminatory or harassing conduct is subject to removal from the Board. Complaints alleging misconduct will be investigated promptly and as confidentially as possible.
Games scheduled on Mondays and Tuesdays will be made up on Wednesdays.
Games scheduled on Thursdays and Fridays will be made up on Sunday afternoons.
Line and prep field for play
Keep the game book
Turn off lights, scoreboard, and lock field house
Clean up home dugout and stands
Get and return score box
Drag field after the game
Clean up away dugout and stands
If lights are left on or score box is not returned, you will forfeit your next game.